Wednesday, March 10, 2010

WIP Wednesday!

A good start to my new goal of organization, it is time to show you what I am working on!

Here is my main project:

This is my progress on March 7:

Here is it when I got home from my knitting group tonight, March 10:

By the way, that JM cigar box was inside the bag both times to show comparison and shape.





After I hand felted the whole thing after casting it off. Tomorrow, after it has blocked out a bit, I may do another felting job, to tighten up the fabric. I plan on threading the i-cord pictured through the front of each long side, and tying it on the short sides.

Original pattern is found on Angela's blog, The Half-Assed Housewife, and is called Felt Me Up, or Angela's Fabulous Felted Bag! This pattern is also Raveled. I was working on it in a solid Rosewood colorway, from Patons Classic Wool, but ran out of the yarn, my Michaels is really low on wool right now, something about "Felting coming back into style faster than they figured it would"...or something to that effect. Anyways, I decided that the top half of that bag would look nice with a rich brown tone to match the brown woven through the pinks of the rosewood. I decided to go with Chestnut brown in Patons Classic Wool. The colors blend seamlessly... they are such a great match. I saved out enough of the rosewood to do about 2 ft of icord, I will felt the icords and do tied in handles instead of the purl bind off handles in the pattern.


My other WIP of the week is a scarf that I have designed, blogged, and raveled. Crooked Little Paths - A Scarf of Dreams is crafted using a granny square style cluster stitch, and it made up of several pentagonal shapes. I do not have enough of this done to warrant pictures, but it will be done in Caron Simply Soft in jade and silver, and Caron Rhapsody in Cranberry Mist. I will put up pics later in the week, when I post the pattern.

1 comment: