Friday, March 19, 2010

Fun Findings Friday



So before I get into the fun finds, I suppose I should show you my fun makes! It is in fact the reason for the finds!

Just before Christmas, I bought myself a simple little top whorl drop spindle from Ford4Him over at Etsy.com

Apparently puppies think that a stick is a stick even when it is not a stick, and they chewed up my spindle while I was out grocery shopping with hubby. Needless to say, I was a bit more than upset. However, even though I really did like that spindle, it was not what I really wanted.

So I scoured the internet, and found a few that I liked and decided that I needed to make my own, so that it would be MINE. Not someone else's.

This is what I got:




I haven't figured out a name for her yet, and wouldn't mind some help on naming her.

I spun up some sample merino, bamboo, and alpaca from my Phat Fiber box last night, hubby thinks I am crazy, and addicted!

Also, last night, I discovered that kittens like spindles as much as puppies do. Though, they didn't destroy the spindle, they just batted at it.

here are a couple pics of them not being freaks!

This is Jack and Mocha lazing across one another. They are wonderful little ones.
This is Jack and Daniel lazing about on top of my printer...solidly asleep, even while hubby was printing things for school. Jack is the one sitting up, and Dani is the one laying down.

Now for the inspiration of the weekend!

Check out these yarns! The links are below the pictures to find out where to get them.

Found here

Found here!

And lastly!

Found here!

Hope you have as good of a weekend as I plan to!

Here I come spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment