Friday, October 23, 2009

I'll always love you Missy Marie


I know this is off topic, but it is important, and really the reason I started knitting in the first place. My little sister Missy was diagnosed with an inoperable cancerous brain tumor the fall of her 11th year. She was told she would not live to see her 12th birthday. In march she turned 14, in June she was a bridesmaid in my wedding, and this evening the cancer finally claimed her.

Missy, I will always love you, and no one will be angry for letting go. Rest now, be a normal child wherever it is you have gone. Be at peace. And guide us through this troubled time from your place of joy now. You have fought this for so long, you have shown everyone you are strong, and you proved us all wrong, but we are happy that you don't have to fight anymore. Just be happy and enjoy the bliss that comes from looking back on this life experience. It is just the start of another adventure.

The picture above is the most recent photo I have of my 'lil sis. She is the blond, second from the right. Left to right is Shelly, Shadow, me Missy and Jessika.

Gods Bless Missy Marie Sankey March 14, 1995- October 23, 2009 I love ya 'lil sis.

1 comment:

  1. Im sorry for your family's loss, let me know if there is anything I can do to help you guys...

    Painter

    ReplyDelete