Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter term 2010

So...the first week of Winter term is almost over. Just two classes today. Customer service and Business math. Fun stuff. Started Aikido yesterday... all I can say is OUCH. I didn't realize how out of shape I am, I literally had to FALL out of bed this morning.

Got into my Spanish classes Tuesday, then after 1 class period, found out that the teacher talks too fast for me to actually learn. So I dropped it. Picked up the Aikido to replace it.

Also, got into my first Aid/CPR/and Fitness class. and my Customer service class.

All of these classes were waitlisted. our campus has over 6000 more people than it has seats. and the state doesn't feel that it really needs more room/funding, we can do with what we have.

Logically, the school should hire teachers assistants, that way, a) more people would be able to get jobs, b) more people would be paying to go to school (therefore paying for the extra hires) c) the school could handle more students to make this economy a little easier to handle.

In knitting news: I have made several more cowls, and am designing a balaclava in brown "Barley" homespun yarn from Lion Brand. I have already made the gauntlet bracers to match. Not fingerless gloves, but just wrist warmers, tucked under the cuff of a loose sweater, they keep the wind out of the sleeves. I'll post pics when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment