Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pretty New Toys!

Yes it is! I just bought myself the Cricut Expression, now all those lovely ideas floating around in my head will have a method of being expressed.

My first REAL project was a challenge over at My Pink Stamper  where she has challenged her readers to create a "winter" themed card, scrapbook page, or gift.

Here is my submission


This was done on generic Walmart Cardstock, Colorbok brand. The JOY and the reindeer are done on Create A Critter. The JOY was done at 2.5 in, and the reindeer was done at 2 in. I added silver glitter in the snowflake of the O and I used a Bic Mark-it permanent marker to emphasis a shadow effect on the left side of the letters.

The inside is blank for personalization.

Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Echo,
    I have been wanting a cricut, keep us posted on how you like it..
    Your card is very creative and I love the little reindeer!
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful paper art, Echo. I love the blanket ensemble too. Your friend is very lucky :D

    For some reason I can't reply to your email left on my slip on post this morning. No reference on design specifics as it's my own work-in-progress. I need to crank out more prototypes in various sizes, fine-tuning instructions first before pattern release. It's done up in bulky yarn and big size needles thus it's a very quick quick knit. Yes, even a slow knitter can get it done in a night. I knitted up 3 pairs on my way to my teen's performance yesterday and back under two hours time...that includes my design tweaking thoughts in between. :D

    ReplyDelete