Monday, February 15, 2010

New house, and new projects.

We finally got into our new house, and I have 1/2 of an entire room to myself for my crafts!

In other news, we went out to dinner with my in-laws the other day and discovered that the manager of our favorite Vietnamese Restaurant is expecting. Her name is Vicki, and she is not going to find out the sex of the baby, but I asked if she would mind if I made her a blanket.

I went shopping with my hubby the next day, and found some Bernat Baby Coordinates in gender neutral colors of green and purple. I have created it as a large ever expanding Granny Square. I started with a green center, and change to and from the purple every 5 rows. I will be adding a picot or shell boarder at the end, I have not decided yet.



Also, created a new blanket using Rainbow Boucle in pink. It is crocheted in a Granny Square, much like Vicki's blanket. Bust as the Rainbow Boucle has a natural color change, I will just crochet until it is large enough. I am binding the edges of that one with satin bias tape. This, I hope, will extend the usefulness of the blanket for many years, and maybe even many cildren. I still have my bias bound blanket from my childhood. It is still in good enough condition to wrap my kids up in (when I have them).

Photos and patterns will come soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment